Broadway Improvements- Camino Seco to Houghton Rd
The Broadway Improvement project extends approximately two miles from Camino Seco to Houghton Road and is part of the voter-approved Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) plan. The intent of the project is to provide multimodal improvements, drainage, and streetscape improvements on this section of Broadway Boulevard.The improvement will connect to the previously constructed improvements at Camino Seco, Harrison Road and Houghton Road intersections.
- Widen Broadway to a four-lane, urban roadway (two travel lanes in each direction) with a curbed, landscaped median and a shoulder curb.
- Improve drainage crossings and implement rainwater harvesting with the pavement drainage concept.
- Provide 5-foot bike lanes in each direction.
- Provide 6-foot sidewalks.
- Bike/HAWK Signal at Gollob Road
- Install continuous LED roadway lighting.
- Provide landscape improvement utilizing a native plant palette.
This roadway project was one of the 35 projects included in the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) plan approved by Pima County voters in May, 2006. This project is funded by the City of Tucson and the RTA, and is part of the voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan that will be implemented through 2026. Details about the RTA plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com. This project is managed by the City of Tucson.